Sunday 13 November 2011

Week 2 - Perspective Drawing


Perspective Drawing of a Building - 1 hour
A3 Size


This drawing I did is a 1 hour sketch of one of the University Buildings. To create this drawing I used a pencil and a putty rubber to bring out the highlights in the drawing. I chose this building because of its Vantage Point. The angle of the Building is quite tricky to draw because it doesn’t just follow in one single, straight line but also goes of in different directions. I knew this would be a challenge which is why I chose this Vantage Point because I wanted to push myself.
The main focal point of this drawing is the part of the building where it comes out from the rest of the building starting from the top left of the page and finishes towards the bottom right. The eye is immediately drawn towards this part of the drawing because this part of the building spreads over the entire part of the sketch and is the largest single object present. It is also because of the dark shadow this part of the building creates drawing the eye towards it.
This sketch is not perfect but the form of this drawing creates the illusion of a building. The majority of buildings consist of straight lines and a lot of my lines a little curved and not straight in the way that a building would be. I would take more time getting there lines straight and would also have liked to have gotten a little more detail into this drawing.






No comments:

Post a Comment