Monday 14 November 2011

Week 5 - Landscape Drawing


Landscape Drawing from outside my Bedroom Window
A3 Size


During directed study week I travelled back home to Morecambe. I was originally planning on doing a drawing of Morecambe Bay however; the weather stopped me from doing this so instead I drew from what was outside my bedroom window. I spent a long time doing this drawing because I wanted to get in as much detail as I could. For this drawing I used biro pen. I used all the techniques I had learnt in my previous lessons and tried to combine all of them into this drawing.

 To begin with I concentrated on the perspective and the composition of the houses and the trees. With all the practice I managed to get the lines of the buildings a lot straighter which makes the whole drawing look more real to life. I also chose to draw from this Vantage point because I liked the composition with the houses and the trees. The trees fill in a lot of spaces which would have other wise been blank spaces.

 Next I concentrated on getting in the light and the shadows. Everything behind the front houses is a lot darker to everything in front of them. These must be blocking out a lot of the light which makes them look a lot darker. The focal point to this drawing is the first row of houses. These create the majority of my drawing with the roofs of the houses creating nearly a straight line going from the middle left of the page right across to the right. These houses are the form of the image and everything else around them are the objects.

 To improve upon my drawing I would have wanted to correct the central houses roof. To me it looks a little lopsided and to small for the actual house compared to the others around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment