Wednesday 21 December 2011

Week 12 - Posture & Pose

Life Drawing of Posture & Pose - 15 mins
A3 Size

This is a 15 minute sketch using pencil. The aim in this drawing was to draw the model showing the balance of weight and where the weight lies on the model to hold himself up. The models pose shows the weight lays in the right shoulder, arm and hand. I paid attention to detail within the muscles and joints of the body. This models pose showed the majority of all his weight laying upon the right side of his body making me able to sketch where the pressure lay in his elbow and his right shoulder bone. I shaded in some areas to show this detail however, I would have liked to have been able to get in a lot more detail as this was the main point of weight in this models pose.

The posture in this models pose is quite closed as most of his body is tucked in apart from the arm where his weight in resting upon. Having a closed pose creates more shadows and I would have liked to have gotten more of these in to create the more detail.

This drawing is not perfect and there are some changes I would make to prove upon this drawing. The main focal point in this drawing is where the weight lays. I think I have shown the weight in the arm however, I think the arm should have been a little longer and for there to be more pressure upon the right shoulder. I also struggled with getting the right proportion and shape for the hand as it looks very flat and not very realistic. If I were to do this drawing again I would also have made the models head slightly smaller as his head is too large making his body look to small and a bit child like.



No comments:

Post a Comment