Monday 5 December 2011

Week 9 - Basic Anatomy


Life Drawing of the Human Anatomy - 15 mins
A3 Size

This is a 15 minute sketch I drew using charcoal. The main focus in this drawing was to get the basic anatomy of a person with the shape of their body. I had a good vantage point as I was able to see all the different shapes and creases of the models body. I was able to pick out the shadows to create the illusion of creases and shape which makes up the human body.

However, there are a few problems with this sketch and one is that everything is not in proportion to each other. The upper part of the body looks a lot bigger than the lower part. Making the models whole body seem a bit out of proportion. I would also have liked to have been able to draw the whole body. However, I didn’t give myself enough room to be able to draw her lower legs and feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment